What is PC*MILER|Rail-TCP/IP?
PC*MILER|Rail-TCP/IP is an integration tool that provides an interface to PC*MILER|Rail-Connect running in a Windows environment to an application residing on another platform. Through a TCP/IP network, client applications can access a text-based interface to call PC*MILER|Rail-Connect's features and functionality. The interface opens cross platform communications in a thread-safe manner, giving you the flexibility to transmit the output of PC*MILER|Rail-Connect to multiple networks within your organization.
Request More Information
- Access trip calculations related functionality of PC*MILER|Rail-Connect, including Fuel Surcharge routing mileage and summary reports
- Cross-platform communication in a thread-safe manner (e.g. Mainframe to PC)
- Provides access from a non-Windows system (e.g. UNIX, AS/400, CICS) to PC*MILER|Rail-Connect running on a Windows machine
- On-premise installation
- Integration tool that interfaces to PC*MILER|Rail-Connect running in a Windows environment to an application residing on another platform (e.g. from UNIX to a PC)
- Access to a text-based interface through a TCP/IP network where client applications call PC*MILER|Rail-Connect's features and functionality
- Interface opens cross platform communications, giving you the flexibility to transmit the output of PC*MILER|Rail-Connect to multiple networks within your organization
- A base installation of PC*MILER|Rail and PC*MILER|Rail-Connect must be installed prior to running the PC*MILER|Rail-TCP/IP Interface. System requirements for the base installation apply.
- NOTE: PC*MILER|Rail-Mapping functionalities are not supported via TCP/IP interface
- An additional 5 MB hard disk space
- PC with 1.5-2 GHz processor and TCP/IP capability
- UNIX or other host with TCP/IP capability
- Physical connection (cable)
- Client software on the UNIX host (sample PERL application provided)
- Multi-User Network License
- Enterprise License
- Additional Copy License
- Spreadsheet application (e.g. Microsoft® Excel® 5.0 or Higher)